Learn More About Hunger in Leeds, Grenville and Lanark
- Media Release: Hunger in Leeds, Grenville and Lanark, 2015
- The Cost of Feeding Your Family in 2015
- Hunger in LGL and What You Can Do to Help
- Learn More About the Root Causes of Hunger and the Solutions
2015 Community Flu Immunization Clinic Schedule
- Media Release: Flu Season is Fast Approaching
- 2015 Community Flu Clinic Schedule
- 2015 Influenza Clinics - Local Participating Pharmacies
- Information About Influenza Vaccine
Blue-Green Algae Bloom
- Notice White Lake Blue-Green Algae Toxin Present - October 15, 2015
- Notice Suspected Blue-Green Algae Bloom at Otter Lake - October 7, 2015
- Mississippi Lake Blue-Green Algae Toxin Present - September 28, 2015
- Health Unit Promotes Blue-Green Algae Awareness
- Blue-Green Algae Information
Changes in Publicly-Funded Tubersol and TB Skin Testing
- Changes in Publicly-Funded Tubersol and TB Skin Testing Communique
Outbreak Status Report
- November 24, 2015 Outbreak Status Report
Every Kid in Our Communities of Leeds & Grenville Surveys
Transportation Needs Survey
Triple P Awareness and Accessibility Survey
Rethink Your Drinking
- When it Comes to Alcohol… Time Matters
REMINDER: The Health Unit No Longer Accepts Ticks
- Information on Tick Submission Changes
- Information about Ticks and Lyme Disease
Making the Healthy Food Choice, the Easy Choice
Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Food Choice at Play and at School
More information on making the healthy food choice the easy choice
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
NEW Online Prenatal Class!
- Anyone can support a healthy pregnancy – learn how!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Lanark, Leeds and Grenville Food Charter: Community Survey Results
- Go to foodcoreLGL.ca and endorse the charter!
Infant Feeding Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Walk-In Counselling Clinic
Open Doors for Lanark Children and Youth is offering free counselling for youth under 18 years at the Health Unit’s Almonte site.
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
Hunger in Leeds, Grenville and Lanark, 2015
The findings released by the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unitís 2015 Nutritious Food Basket Survey showed the cost of feeding a family of four (two parents with two children) is $845 per month. This is a 20% increase from 2010.
This is Infection Control Week in Canada and the U.S.
To recognize the week, the Infectious Disease team at the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit in partnership with Public Health Ontario, hosted an annual Infection Control Education Day on October 15th at the Smiths Falls Memorial Community Centre. The theme this year was “Take action. You can make a difference!” Ninety health care professionals from Hospitals, Long-Term Care and Retirement Homes, Public Health Ontario and the Health Unit attended the event from across the tri-county area.