Celebrate Canada's Breastfeeding Week October 1-7, 2016
- Media Release: Health Unit Celebrates Breastfeeding Week October 1-7
- Information about Breastfeeding
- Beginning September 15, 2016, Ontario will offer the shingles vaccine free of charge to seniors between the ages of 65 and 70 as part of its publicly funded immunization program.
- Shingles Healthcare Provider Factsheet
- Shingles Patient Factsheet
HPV Program Changes
- Changes to Ontario’s HPV Immunization Program for the 2016-2017 School Year
New Online Food Safety Disclosure System: INSIGHT
- Search Food Facility Inspection Results
Fentanyl Community Response
- How we can talk to our kids and what recreational users should know
2016 International Year of Pulses
- Media Release: 2016 International Year of Pulses
- These gluten-free ancient edible beans are high in taste, protein and fibre and low in cost, fat, and sodium. Go to Pulse Canada for recipes, nutrition information, history, education resources and more.
Zika Virus Information - Updated April 26, 2016
- Chief Public Health Officer of Canada and Ontario's Chief Medical Officer of Health report the first positive case of sexually transmitted Zika Virus
- Learn more about the Zika Virus and Public Health Agency of Canada's Travel Advisory
Healthy Smiles Ontario Program
(6 Provincial Dental Programs Amalgamated Into 1)
- Information about the New Program for the New and Past Clients
- Application Form for Eligible Clients – Print or Complete Online
- Information About the New Program for Health Professionals
- Fee Guide for Dental Providers
Talking to Youth about Drugs
Tips on talking to young people about drugs including marijuana and prescription drugs
Tips on helping to prevent youth from taking drugs
Proud Partner of The Healthy Kids Community Challenge Leeds and Grenville
HKCC Leeds and Grenville Promotes Water Does Wonders
- Like The Healthy Kids Community Challenge Leeds and Grenville on Facebook!
Thinking of Quitting Smoking?
- Find Out All the Ways You Can Quit
Outbreak Status Report
- September 26, 2016 Outbreak Status Report
Every Kid in Our Communities of Leeds & Grenville Surveys
Triple P Awareness and Accessibility Survey
REMINDER: The Health Unit No Longer Accepts Ticks
- Information on Tick Submission Changes
- Information about Ticks and Lyme Disease
Making the Healthy Food Choice, the Easy Choice
Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Food Choice at Play and at School
More information on making the healthy food choice the easy choice
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Lanark, Leeds and Grenville Food Charter: Community Survey Results
- Go to foodcoreLGL.ca and endorse the charter!
Infant Feeding Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
Health Unit Celebrates Breastfeeding Week October 1-7
The Leeds Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit is excited to be celebrating World Breastfeeding Week in Canada! The first week of October each year marks a time of celebration and recognition of the importance of breastfeeding for women and children in Canada and around the world.
Former NFL Player will Speak to Families about Drugs September 19
The newly formed Municipal Drug Strategy of South Grenville is proud to announce the upcoming FREE FAMILY PRESENTATION, presented by former NFL player, ALVIN POWELL.
Alvin Powell is a powerful speaker who talks from the heart, about his own struggles with the disease of addiction. Powell is a former NFL Offensive Lineman for the Miami Dolphins and the Seattle Seahawks. The disease of addiction caused him the loss of his career and left him on the brink of death.