Brockville Parking Lot Maintenance October 5th & 6th
- Monday, October 5th to Tuesday, October 6th our handicapped parking spots will be experiencing maintenance. This specific area will be closed off to vehicles. There will be some large equipment present so please drive carefully when entering the parking lot. The rest of the parking lot will be open as usual. Clients with disabilities are welcome to call the Health Unit to see if assistance is available over the telephone or if they will require assistance in the parking lot.
2015 Community Flu Immunization Clinic Schedule
- Information About Influenza Vaccine
- 2015 Influenza Clinics - Local Participating Pharmacies - Coming Next Week
Blue-Green Algae Bloom
- Mississippi Lake Blue-Green Algae Toxin Present - September 28, 2015
- Clayton Lake Blue-Green Algae Toxin Present - September 14, 2015
- Notice to Residents of Clayton Lake Presence of Blue-Green Algae Confirmed in the area of Clayton Lake Road W14, Municipality of Mississippi Mills September 9, 2015
- Health Unit Promotes Blue-Green Algae Awareness
- Blue-Green Algae Information
Changes in Publicly-Funded Tubersol and TB Skin Testing
- Changes in Publicly-Funded Tubersol and TB Skin Testing Communique
Health Unit Seeking Board of Health Representatives from Leeds and Grenville Thousand Islands Area
- Responsibilities and Board Information
- Application Form
FREE Triple P, Birth - 12 Years Seminar
- Learn about the power of positive parenting and how to raise resilient, confident and competent children.
Register Online through Eventbrite.
Outbreak Status Report
- October 5, 2015 Outbreak Status Report
Every Kid in Our Communities of Leeds & Grenville Surveys
Transportation Needs Survey
Triple P Awareness and Accessibility Survey
Rethink Your Drinking
- When it Comes to Alcohol… Time Matters
REMINDER: The Health Unit No Longer Accepts Ticks
- Information on Tick Submission Changes
- Information about Ticks and Lyme Disease
Making the Healthy Food Choice, the Easy Choice
Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Food Choice at Play and at School
More information on making the healthy food choice the easy choice
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
NEW Online Prenatal Class!
- Anyone can support a healthy pregnancy – learn how!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Food Charter Survey for United Counties of Leeds and Grenville and Lanark County
- Go to foodcoreLGL.ca and endorse the charter!
Infant Feeding Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Walk-In Counselling Clinic
Open Doors for Lanark Children and Youth is offering free counselling for youth under 18 years at the Health Unit’s Almonte site.
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
Youth Talent Shines at Local Film Festival
The 3rd Annual MyView Youth Film Festival Awards Ceremony showcased some amazing filmmaking talent this past Sunday at the Kemptville Youth Centre. Guests munched on popcorn while being entertained by the 6 short films that were nominated this year.
Rabies Vaccination Clinics
Together with partner veterinarians and municipalities, the Health Unit is offering the community Rabies Vaccination Clinics throughout the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Counties. The Rabies Vaccination Clinics will be held on Sept 9th and 16th. To find out locations where clinics will be held, call 1-800-660-5853 or visit the Health Unit website at www.healthunit.org. The clinic previously held at Lanark Veterinary Services will not be available this year. We apologise for any inconvenience.