Beach Water Quality - Updated August 29, 2014
- Media Release: Beach Water Quality - June 24, 2014
- Why Are Beaches Posted?
- Beach Testing Results - Updated August 29, 2014
Rabies Vaccination Clinics for September
- Schedule of Clinics and Locations throughout Leeds, Grenville and Lanark
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
Health Unit Urges Blue-Green Algae Awareness
- Update on the Blue-Green Algae Situation on McNally's Bay – August 28, 2014
- Update on the Blue-Green Algae Situation on McNally's Bay – August 21, 2014
- Update on the Blue-Green Algae Situation on McNally's Bay – August 19, 2014
- Ministry of Environment - Blue-Green Algae Background - August 19, 2014
- Update on McNally's Bay - August 15, 2014
- Blue-Green Algae Bloom Confirmed at McNally’s Bay on Upper Rideau Lake
- Awareness Information About Blue-Green Algae
- Letter to Residents of McNally's Bay on Upper Rideau Lake
- Information for Cottagers and Home Owners
Salmonella in Chia Seeds
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency's Investigation
Healthy Smiles Ontario
- NEW!! Healthy Smiles Ontario income limits have increased again as of July 1, 2014!
Call the Health Unit to see if you qualify! 1-800-660-5853
Change in Tick Submissions to the
Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
- Media Release - June 19, 2014
- More information about Lyme Disease
NEW Online Prenatal Class!
- Anyone can support a healthy pregnancy – learn how!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Food Charter Survey for United Counties of Leeds and Grenville and Lanark County
- Go to foodcoreLGL.ca and endorse the charter!
Food Handler Certification Course - All Courses Are Now Full
- Health Unit Food Safety Initiative Offers Free Safe Food Handling Training
- Registration for Classroom Style Food Handler Training Course
Triple P Café Nights
- 2014 Positive Parenting Café Nights and Registration Links
Baby-Friendly Initiative Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Walk-In Counselling Clinic
Open Doors for Lanark Children and Youth is offering free counselling for youth under 18 years at the Health Unit’s Almonte site.
The Health Unit is on FACEBOOK!
- Connect to our page and "like" us for regular updates on important health topics
- Not on Facebook? Click here to join.
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Health Unit Encourages Well Water Testing
- Water Bottle Pick Up and Delivery Locations
- More information on Well Water Testing
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
Health Unit Issues Heat Alert for Tomorrow
Dr. Paula Stewart, Medical Officer of Health for the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit, has issued a Heat Alert because of the high heat and humidity that is in the forecast for tomorrow. Temperatures and humidex levels are expected to be high during this day. A combination of heat and high humidity can be hazardous to your health. Conditions during high heat and humidity have the potential to cause dehydration, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and in some cases death.
Horses in LGL Confirmed to Have Eastern Equine Encephalitis Virus (EEEV)
Two horses in Lanark County have tested positive for Eastern Equine Encephalitis virus (EEEV).
EEEV is normally found in wild birds but can occasionally spread to horses and humans through the bite
of infected mosquitoes. The mosquitoes that carry the virus are usually found close to woodlands.
Although there has never been a reported human case of Eastern Equine Encephalitis in Ontario, it can
be a very serious neurological disease in all age groups and can cause death.