Making the Healthy Food Choice, the Easy Choice
Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Food Choice at Play and at School
More information on making the healthy food choice the easy choice
FREE Triple P, Birth - 12 Years Seminars are coming to Prescott and Athens!
- Prescott - Tuesday September 23, 30 & October 7 Registration
- Athens - Tuesday October 7, 14 & 21 Registration
Now on Twitter @AreYouSafeLGL
- @AreYouSafeLGL - Your Healthy Sexuality Source - Media Release
- Follow @AreYouSafeLGL
Bridges Out of Poverty Workshop - Thursday, October 2, 2014
- Bridges Out of Poverty Workshop comes to Smiths Falls
- Bridges Out of Poverty Workshop Flyer
- Bridges Out of Poverty Workshop Registration
Rabies Vaccination Clinics for September
- Schedule of Clinics and Locations throughout Leeds, Grenville and Lanark
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
Salmonella in Chia Seeds
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency's Investigation
Healthy Smiles Ontario
- NEW!! Healthy Smiles Ontario income limits have increased again as of July 1, 2014!
Call the Health Unit to see if you qualify! 1-800-660-5853
Change in Tick Submissions to the
Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
- Media Release - June 19, 2014
- More information about Lyme Disease
NEW Online Prenatal Class!
- Anyone can support a healthy pregnancy – learn how!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Food Charter Survey for United Counties of Leeds and Grenville and Lanark County
- Go to foodcoreLGL.ca and endorse the charter!
Food Handler Certification Course - All Courses Are Now Full
- Health Unit Food Safety Initiative Offers Free Safe Food Handling Training
- Registration for Classroom Style Food Handler Training Course
Triple P Café Nights
- 2014 Positive Parenting Café Nights and Registration Links
Infant Feeding Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Walk-In Counselling Clinic
Open Doors for Lanark Children and Youth is offering free counselling for youth under 18 years at the Health Unit’s Almonte site.
The Health Unit is on FACEBOOK!
- Connect to our page and "like" us for regular updates on important health topics
- Not on Facebook? Click here to join.
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Health Unit Encourages Well Water Testing
- Water Bottle Pick Up and Delivery Locations
- More information on Well Water Testing
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
Nature for Life!
Nature can make us happier, smarter and feel better? Really, itís that simple? Yes, there is a strong connection between spending time in nature and overall health and well-being. Children who spend time in nature are more likely to have healthier social behaviour, improved self-esteem, resilience, ability to learn and concentrate, as well as environmental awareness and stewardship ethics. Time in nature decreases stress and anxiety, depression, diabetes, hypertension and many other health problems. We are fortunate to have many opportunities to enjoy nature in our communities - trails, outdoor classrooms, parks, gardens, lakes, rivers, horses, dogs, cats - the list is endless.
READ TO YOUR CHILDREN!
They will learn a lot more than you may think.
“Emergent literacy skills” are skills that babies, toddlers, and preschoolers need to learn
so that they are ready for reading and writing when they start school. These skills
include vocabulary, book-handling skills, story-telling skills, scribbling and drawing,
recognizing print and understanding what it is for, and singing and rhyming.