Health Unit is a partner in the Leeds and Grenville Poverty Reduction Alliance
LG Poverty Reduction Alliance Supports Consultations on a Basic Income Pilot
Participate in one of the Basic Income community consultations
Tetanus Vaccine Information
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis and Polio (Tdap-IPV) Vaccine Factsheet
2016 Nutritious Food Basket Results
When money is tight, people are often forced to choose between paying for food and paying other bills, like rent. When meals are skipped, a person's nutritional health, learning and productivity decrease, and their risk of disease increases. See the Food Insecurity in Leeds, Grenville & Lanark 2016 infographic to learn more and get involved.
- Media Release: Health Unit's Annual Nutritious Food Basket Results put Cost of Basic Needs in the Context of Income
Where can you get your flu shot this year? The Health Unit will not be providing community flu clinics.
Call your health care provider or check the health team clinics listed
Visit one of many local participating pharmacies
Get information on influenza and flu vaccine
Fentanyl Community Response
- How we can talk to our kids and what recreational users should know
New Online Food Safety Disclosure System: INSIGHT
- Search Food Facility Inspection Results
2016 International Year of Pulses
- Media Release: 2016 International Year of Pulses
- These gluten-free ancient edible beans are high in taste, protein and fibre and low in cost, fat, and sodium. Go to Pulse Canada for recipes, nutrition information, history, education resources and more.
Zika Virus Information - Updated April 26, 2016
- Chief Public Health Officer of Canada and Ontario's Chief Medical Officer of Health report the first positive case of sexually transmitted Zika Virus
- Learn more about the Zika Virus and Public Health Agency of Canada's Travel Advisory
Talking to Youth about Drugs
Tips on talking to young people about drugs including marijuana and prescription drugs
Tips on helping to prevent youth from taking drugs
Proud Partner of The Healthy Kids Community Challenge Leeds and Grenville
HKCC Leeds and Grenville Promotes Water Does Wonders
- Like The Healthy Kids Community Challenge Leeds and Grenville on Facebook!
Thinking of Quitting Smoking?
- Find Out All the Ways You Can Quit
Outbreak Status Report
- January 19, 2017 Outbreak Status Report
Every Kid in Our Communities of Leeds & Grenville Surveys
Triple P Awareness and Accessibility Survey
Making the Healthy Food Choice, the Easy Choice
Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Food Choice at Play and at School
More information on making the healthy food choice the easy choice
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Lanark, Leeds and Grenville Food Charter: Community Survey Results
- Go to foodcoreLGL.ca and endorse the charter!
Infant Feeding Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
Quit and Win!
Would you rather quit, reduce or stay smoke-free for a chance to win cash? The Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit, in partnership with the provincial organization Leave the Pack Behind, is hosting the annual wouldurather…. Contest. Aimed at motivating young adults to quit smoking, reduce their smoking, or just stay-smoke-free for a chance to win up to $5000 cash, the 6-week contest is an important strategy to help tackle the high rates of smoking among young adults 18-29 years old.
When It Comes to Alcohol... Size Matters. Rethink Your Drinking
This holiday season the Leeds, Grenville, and Lanark District Health Unit is continuing to spread an important message – When it comes to alcohol… Size Matters. Rethink Your Drinking.
Since October 2014, the health unit has been promoting Rethink Your Drinking messages. Rethink Your Drinking is an awareness campaign to help change the way we think about and use alcohol.