Civic Holiday Office Closures
- Office and service sites will be closed Monday, August 3rd, 2015 and the following services will not be available: Sexual Health Clinics in Brockville and Perth. Baby Talk in Smiths Falls.
Well water testing samples will not be accepted July 31st and August 3rd, 2015
Office and service sites will reopen on August 4th, 2015
2015 Rabies Vaccination Clinics
- Dogs and Cats Must Be Vaccinated
- Health Unit Raises Awareness About Bats and Rabies
Blue-Green Algae Bloom
- Health Unit Promotes Blue-Green Algae Awareness
- Upper Beverly Lake Blue-Green Algae Bloom Toxin Detected - July 14, 2015
- Upper Rideau Lake Blue-Green Algae Bloom Toxin Not Detected - July 13, 2015
- Blue-Green Algae Information
Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Beach Testing Results
Beach Water Quality Media Release
- Beach Testing Results
- Follow @LGLbeaches on Twitter or like us on Facebook!
Outbreak Status Report
- July 27, 2015 Outbreak Status Report
Dental Baby Facecloth Package Survey
- If you received the "Use This Cloth For Gums… Not Bums" oral health resource package we want to hear from you!
- Provide your feedback through our online survey!
Every Kid in Our Communities of Leeds & Grenville Surveys
Transportation Needs Survey
Triple P Awareness and Accessibility Survey
Rethink Your Drinking
- When it Comes to Alcohol… Time Matters
REMINDER: The Health Unit No Longer Accepts Ticks
- Information on Tick Submission Changes
- Information about Ticks and Lyme Disease
Making the Healthy Food Choice, the Easy Choice
Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Food Choice at Play and at School
More information on making the healthy food choice the easy choice
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
NEW Online Prenatal Class!
- Anyone can support a healthy pregnancy – learn how!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Food Charter Survey for United Counties of Leeds and Grenville and Lanark County
- Go to foodcoreLGL.ca and endorse the charter!
Triple P Cafés
- 2015 Positive Parenting Cafés and Registration Links
Infant Feeding Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Walk-In Counselling Clinic
Open Doors for Lanark Children and Youth is offering free counselling for youth under 18 years at the Health Unit’s Almonte site.
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
Health Unit Issues Heat Alert for Tomorrow
Dr. Paula Stewart, Medical Officer of Health for the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit, has issued a Heat Alert because of the high heat and humidity that is in the forecast over the next few days. Temperatures and humidex levels are expected to be high through until Thursday. A combination of heat and high humidity can be hazardous to your health. Conditions during high heat and humidity have the potential to cause dehydration, heat exhaustion, heat stroke and in some cases death.
Health Unit Raises Awareness About Bats and Rabies
Bats are nocturnal animals and feed most actively two or three hours following sunset. Bats are efficient insect controllers eating about three times their body weight. Bats typically have their babies in June and come August many of the young bats are looking for their own roosting sites. Many bats will roost and hibernate in attics. Although bats are beneficial, they can carry diseases such as rabies and histoplasmosis, which can affect humans and animals. They may also transmit distemper and mange to household pets.