- Advisory to individuals who attended the “Acquire the Fire” event held in Toronto at Queensway Cathedral on February 6 and 7, 2015.
- Measles - Public Health Agency of Canada
- Measles: Make Sure Your Child is Protected with MMR Vaccine
Outbreak Status Report
- March 2, 2015 Outbreak Status Report
New Location for Sexual Health Clinic in Carleton Place
- Media Release - January 20, 2015
2015 FREE Food Handler Training Courses
FREE Food Handler Training Courses
Tips for Dealing with the Cold
Extreme Cold and Your Health (Environment Canada)
Extreme Cold Weather Health Unit Response Plan
Hypothermia / Frost Bite Fact Sheet
Tips for Safe Shovelling
Safe Winter Driving
2014 Influenza Season
- It’s not too late to get your flu shot
Information about the flu
Planning to visit someone in a Long Term Care Home?
- Viral Hemorrhagic Fever (VHF) - Ebola - PHO
- Emergency Planning for Ebola (MOHLTC Directives, Updates, & Statements)
- Phone Line for Health Care Workers Travelling from Affected Areas
Rethink Your Drinking
- Health Unit Encourages You to Rethink Your Drinking
- Rethink Your Drinking: Know the Standard Drink Sizes
- Standard Drink Sizes Infographic
Canada’s Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines
- Mocktails Recipes
What You Need to Know About Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68)
- Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) Factsheet
Making the Healthy Food Choice, the Easy Choice
Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Food Choice at Play and at School
More information on making the healthy food choice the easy choice
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
Healthy Smiles Ontario
- NEW!! Healthy Smiles Ontario income limits have increased again as of July 1, 2014!
Call the Health Unit to see if you qualify! 1-800-660-5853
Change in Tick Submissions to the
Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
- Media Release - June 19, 2014
- More information about Lyme Disease
NEW Online Prenatal Class!
- Anyone can support a healthy pregnancy – learn how!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Food Charter Survey for United Counties of Leeds and Grenville and Lanark County
- Go to foodcoreLGL.ca and endorse the charter!
Triple P Cafés
- 2015 Positive Parenting Cafés and Registration Links
Infant Feeding Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Walk-In Counselling Clinic
Open Doors for Lanark Children and Youth is offering free counselling for youth under 18 years at the Health Unit’s Almonte site.
The Health Unit is on FACEBOOK!
- Connect to our page and "like" us for regular updates on important health topics
- Not on Facebook? Click here to join.
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Health Unit Encourages Well Water Testing
- Water Bottle Pick Up and Delivery Locations
- More information on Well Water Testing
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
Nutrition Month 2015 Inspires Healthy Eating 9 to 5!
It's no surprise that eating well at work can help boost concentration, productivity and overall health and vitality. Nutrition Month 2015 is designed to inspire Canadians to eat better at work and make other positive changes for a healthier workplace and nutrition environment.
Language Express and the Ontario Early Years Centre Want You to GET DOWN AND PLAY!
Get down and play with your children. It sounds simple but it’s one of the most important things parents and caregivers can do to give their children a good start in life.