|Alcohol / Drugs
- The Importance of Server Intervention Training
You should have intervention training whether you are hosting your own party or work for a licensed establishment.
In fact, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario requires that new license holders and other groups have their management and staff trained in this area.
The Server Intervention Program teaches people how to prevent alcohol related problems and proper ways to intervene if a problem does occur.
Server training is required for:
- New licensees and their servers
- License transferees and their servers
- Stadium licensees, their servers and security staff, and managers of both
- Holders of caterer's endorsements and servers working at catered events
- Where ordered by the Board (disciplinary cases)
Server training can help to prevent:
- Violence related to alcohol consumption
- Injuries- “accidents” related to alcohol impairment
- Personal liability related to occurrences that resulted from the consumption of alcohol that has been served (or that you have served)
Smart Serve is an Ontario program that offers group, individual, or on-line training. To learn more check out www.smartserve.org or contact them at:
Smart Serve Ontario
5405 Eglinton Ave. W. , Suite 106
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
The following educational institutions in our area offer Smart Serve programs: