- Health Unit Office Holiday Hours
- Clinic Holiday Hours
- Baby Talk Holiday Hours
- Holiday Hours for drop off of well water test sample bottles.
The Health Unit will not be accepting water sample bottles after 4:30 pm December 19, 2013 through to 8:30 am January 2, 2014. This applies to all drop off sites in the tri-county area except for Gananoque where the office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00pm. Please remember water samples are not accepted on Fridays. Click here for other drop off sites.
Tips for Dealing with the Cold
- Extreme Cold and Your Health (Environment Canada)
Extreme Cold Weather Health Unit Response Plan
Hypothermia / Frost Bite Fact Sheet
- Tips for Safe Shovelling
Safe Winter Driving
Baby Friendly Initiative Survey
The Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit will be conducting a 10-minute survey about the infant feeding choices new mothers make so that we can help improve services for mothers and babies in your area. Only those who have agreed to participate in the survey at the time of their most recent baby’s birth will be contacted. Participation in the survey is voluntary and you can choose to skip questions or end the survey at any time. Please be assured that refusal of any kind at any stage of the survey will not affect the care or services you receive. The information obtained in this survey will be treated in accordance with the Personal Health Information Privacy and Protection Act (PHIPPA). We sincerely thank you for your cooperation.
Quit. Reduce. Stay Smoke-Free for a Chance to Win Up To $2500!
- Registration Opens: December 1st, 2013. Contest Starts: January 27th, 2014.
- Open to all students and young adults ages 18-29.
- Enter the Contest @ WouldURather.ca
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Community Input Needed for Food Charter!
Walk-In Counselling Clinic
Open Doors for Lanark Children and Youth is offering free counselling for youth under 18 years at the Health Unit’s Almonte site.
Moving Upstream Strategic Plan 2013-2018
Check out the new Health Unit Strategic Plan!
The Health Unit is on FACEBOOK!
- Connect to our page and "like" us for regular updates on important health topics
- Not on Facebook? Click here to join.
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Health Unit Encourages Well Water Testing
- Water Bottle Pick Up and Delivery Locations
- More information on Well Water Testing
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
Are You Concerned About Your Child’s Speech and Language Development?
Language Express Preschool Speech and Language Services can help you! Language Express sees children in Lanark, Leeds and Grenville Counties from birth until the beginning of their Senior Kindergarten year. If you have any of the concerns listed below, please call Language Express at 1-888-503-8885:
- If your child’s speech and language skills have not improved over the past
- If your child often repeats sounds and/or words (stuttering),
- If your child’s voice sounds different to you,
- If your child’s play or social interaction seems inappropriate,
- If your child has a diagnosis such as cleft lip/palate, hearing loss, Autism or developmental delay,
- If your child is not meeting one or more speech/language milestones for his or her age.
Health Begins Where You Live, Learn, Work and Play!
There are many things that affect our health. Often, our attention has focused on healthcare. But HEALTH is about much more than something we get at the doctor’s office or from using hospital services. Researchers have found that the conditions in which we live, learn, work and play are all interconnected and affect our health in a very big way.