Easter Holiday Weekend Schedule
The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit will be closed on Friday, April 18, 2014 and Monday, April 21, 2014.
Potential Flooding in Smiths Falls
- Please be advised that there is a potential for flooding and the current water levels are high.
- Updates will be posted to the Town of Smiths Falls website at www.smithsfalls.ca
- Tips for Preparing for Possible Flooding
April is Oral Health Month
Media Release: First Birthday First Dental Visit
The Health Unit offers free first visits with a Registered Dental Hygienist for all children at any of our 6 clinic locations.
- Want to know if your child is at risk for decay? Take this interactive quiz!
Healthy Smiles Ontario
- NEW!! Healthy Smiles Ontario income limits have increased as of April 1, 2014!
Call the Health Unit to see if you qualify! 1-800-660-5853
Measles Confirmed in Ottawa
- Two Additional Cases of Measles Confirmed in Ottawa – March 27, 2014
- Measles Fact Sheet
Get more info on TB
- A TB Skin Test is Sometimes Required for Work/School
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening in Long-Term Care and Retirement Homes
- Tuberculosis Symptom Checklist for Caregivers
- More Tuberculosis Information
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Food Charter Survey for United Counties of Leeds and Grenville and Lanark County
- Go to foodcoreLGL.ca and endorse the charter!
Food Handler Certification Course
- Health Unit Food Safety Initiative Offers Free Safe Food Handling Training
- Registration for Classroom Style Food Handler Training Course
The Kemptville Youth Centre, the Health Unit and Triune Productions present the MyView Youth Film Festival
- Click here to find out more.
- Like the MyView Film Fest Facebook Page for Updates
Triple P Café Nights
- 2014 Positive Parenting Café Nights and Registration Links
Frequently Asked Questions About This Year's Flu
- Get answers here
- Influenza Factsheet
- Caring for Children with Influenza (Flu)
Tips for Dealing with the Cold
- Health Unit Reminds You to be Cautious During Cold Weather
- Being Prepared for Winter Weather
- Safe Food and Water During an Emergency
- Keeping Warm
in an Unheated House During an Emergency
- Staying Safe at Home During an Emergency
- Tips for Safe Shovelling
- Safe Winter Driving
Baby-Friendly Initiative Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Walk-In Counselling Clinic
Open Doors for Lanark Children and Youth is offering free counselling for youth under 18 years at the Health Unit’s Almonte site.
Moving Upstream Strategic Plan 2013-2018
Check out the new Health Unit Strategic Plan!
The Health Unit is on FACEBOOK!
- Connect to our page and "like" us for regular updates on important health topics
- Not on Facebook? Click here to join.
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Health Unit Encourages Well Water Testing
- Water Bottle Pick Up and Delivery Locations
- More information on Well Water Testing
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
Tips for Preparing for Possible Flooding
Floods occur in Ontario each year. Although flash floods do occur, usually weather forecasts can predict rain or quick thaw events. Take this opportunity to protect yourself and your property from potential flooding. The Leeds Grenville and Lanark Health Unit advises the following to help you prepare for possible flooding.
Easter Holiday Weekend Schedule
The schedule for some public health programs and services will be modified over the Easter holiday weekend. The Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit will be closed on Friday, April 18, 2014 and Monday, April 21, 2014. This includes offices in Brockville and Smiths Falls and services sites in Almonte, Carleton Place, Gananoque, Perth, and Kemptville. All offices will re-open with regular programs and services on Tuesday, April 22, 2014.