Tips for Dealing with the Cold
Extreme Cold and Your Health (Environment Canada)
Extreme Cold Weather Health Unit Response Plan
Hypothermia / Frost Bite Fact Sheet
Tips for Safe Shovelling
Safe Winter Driving
Village of Portland Groundwater Supply - Information Session
– Wednesday, November 26, 2014 6:30pm - 8:30pm
Apple Cider Recall
- Ontarians Warned Not To Consume Certain Unpasteurized Apple Cider
2014 Influenza Clinics
- Influenza Clinics - By Location
- Influenza Clinics - Local Participating Pharmacies
- Find a Flu Clinic in Ontario
- Viral Hemorrhagic Fever (VHF) - Ebola - PHO
- Emergency Planning for Ebola (MOHLTC Directives, Updates, & Statements)
- Phone Line for Health Care Workers Travelling from Affected Areas
Rethink Your Drinking
- Health Unit Encourages You to Rethink Your Drinking
- Rethink Your Drinking: Know the Standard Drink Sizes
- Standard Drink Sizes Infographic
Canada’s Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines
- Mocktails Recipes
What You Need to Know About Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68)
- Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) Factsheet
Making the Healthy Food Choice, the Easy Choice
Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Food Choice at Play and at School
More information on making the healthy food choice the easy choice
Now on Twitter @AreYouSafeLGL
- @AreYouSafeLGL - Your Healthy Sexuality Source - Media Release
- Follow @AreYouSafeLGL
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
Healthy Smiles Ontario
- NEW!! Healthy Smiles Ontario income limits have increased again as of July 1, 2014!
Call the Health Unit to see if you qualify! 1-800-660-5853
Change in Tick Submissions to the
Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
- Media Release - June 19, 2014
- More information about Lyme Disease
NEW Online Prenatal Class!
- Anyone can support a healthy pregnancy – learn how!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Food Charter Survey for United Counties of Leeds and Grenville and Lanark County
- Go to foodcoreLGL.ca and endorse the charter!
Triple P Café Nights
- 2014 Positive Parenting Café Nights and Registration Links
Infant Feeding Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Walk-In Counselling Clinic
Open Doors for Lanark Children and Youth is offering free counselling for youth under 18 years at the Health Unit’s Almonte site.
The Health Unit is on FACEBOOK!
- Connect to our page and "like" us for regular updates on important health topics
- Not on Facebook? Click here to join.
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Health Unit Encourages Well Water Testing
- Water Bottle Pick Up and Delivery Locations
- More information on Well Water Testing
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
Tips for Dealing with Cold Weather
Another Canadian winter is here! Frostbite and hypothermia are real potential dangers
especially for individuals who are out in the elements for long periods of time; those who have a
decreased sensation in their extremities; and children.
Rethink Your Drinking: Know the Standard Drink Sizes
For the first time ever, Canada has one national set of low-risk alcohol drinking guidelines.
These guidelines, intended for Canadians of legal drinking age who choose to drink alcohol, aim
to provide consistent information across the country to help Canadians moderate their alcohol
consumption and make informed choices. The new guidelines outline standard drinks sizes and
limits for men and women, discuss when the limit is zero, and provide healthy alternatives and
tips to decrease health risks.