Rethink Your Drinking
- When it Comes to Alcohol… Time Matters
REMINDER: The Health Unit No Longer Accepts Ticks
- Information on Tick Submission Changes
- Information about Ticks and Lyme Disease
- Food Recall Warning - Sliced Apples
Rabies and Microchip Clinic
Saturday, May 30 at PJ's 2399 Parkdale Ave, in Brockville from 12pm to 4pm
- Rabies Information
- Measles - Public Health Agency of Canada
- Public Health Ontario, Defending Ontario against Measles (includes resources and testing information)
Outbreak Status Report
- May 20, 2015 Outbreak Status Report
New Location for Sexual Health Clinic in Carleton Place
- Media Release - January 20, 2015
- Viral Hemorrhagic Fever (VHF) - Ebola - PHO
- Emergency Planning for Ebola (MOHLTC Directives, Updates, & Statements)
- Phone Line for Health Care Workers Travelling from Affected Areas
Rethink Your Drinking
- Health Unit Encourages You to Rethink Your Drinking
- Rethink Your Drinking: Know the Standard Drink Sizes
- Standard Drink Sizes Infographic
Canada’s Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines
- Mocktails Recipes
What You Need to Know About Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68)
- Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) Factsheet
Making the Healthy Food Choice, the Easy Choice
Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Food Choice at Play and at School
More information on making the healthy food choice the easy choice
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
Change in Tick Submissions to the
Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
- Media Release - June 19, 2014
- More information about Lyme Disease
NEW Online Prenatal Class!
- Anyone can support a healthy pregnancy – learn how!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Food Charter Survey for United Counties of Leeds and Grenville and Lanark County
- Go to foodcoreLGL.ca and endorse the charter!
Triple P Cafés
- 2015 Positive Parenting Cafés and Registration Links
Infant Feeding Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Walk-In Counselling Clinic
Open Doors for Lanark Children and Youth is offering free counselling for youth under 18 years at the Health Unit’s Almonte site.
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
MAY IS SPEECH AND HEARING MONTH: Helping Young Children Who Stutter
The Language Express Preschool Speech and Language Program helps children with many types of speech, language, social communication and literacy difficulties. This May, we are highlighting dysfluency (also known as stuttering). Stuttering is more common in boys, and in children whose language skills are either delayed or advanced for their age.
Lyme Disease and Ticks… What Do You Need To Know
Now that day time temperatures are above 4°C, ticks have once again become active. Please remember to be tick smart. Dressing in light coloured clothing makes adult ticks and nymphs (small stage of the tick), easier to see when they are on you. Always remember to do a tick check when you return inside. Thoroughly check your body for ticks and nymphs and promptly remove and dispose of them. Have someone check you from behind if possible or take a quick shower to help remove any unattached ticks. Putting your clothes in a hot dryer for several minutes has been found to kill ticks.