April is Oral Health Month!
- Health Unit Aims to Help Improve Accessibility to Dental Programs
- NEW!! Healthy Smiles Ontario income limits have increased again as of July 1, 2014!
Call the Health Unit to see if you qualify! 1-800-660-5853
Rabies and Microchip Clinic
Saturday, May 30 at PJ's 2399 Parkdale Ave, in Brockville from 12pm to 4pm
- Rabies Information
- Measles - Public Health Agency of Canada
- Public Health Ontario, Defending Ontario against Measles (includes resources and testing information)
Outbreak Status Report
- April 24, 2015 Outbreak Status Report
New Location for Sexual Health Clinic in Carleton Place
- Media Release - January 20, 2015
- Viral Hemorrhagic Fever (VHF) - Ebola - PHO
- Emergency Planning for Ebola (MOHLTC Directives, Updates, & Statements)
- Phone Line for Health Care Workers Travelling from Affected Areas
Rethink Your Drinking
- Health Unit Encourages You to Rethink Your Drinking
- Rethink Your Drinking: Know the Standard Drink Sizes
- Standard Drink Sizes Infographic
Canada’s Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines
- Mocktails Recipes
What You Need to Know About Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68)
- Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) Factsheet
Making the Healthy Food Choice, the Easy Choice
Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Food Choice at Play and at School
More information on making the healthy food choice the easy choice
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
Change in Tick Submissions to the
Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
- Media Release - June 19, 2014
- More information about Lyme Disease
NEW Online Prenatal Class!
- Anyone can support a healthy pregnancy – learn how!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Food Charter Survey for United Counties of Leeds and Grenville and Lanark County
- Go to foodcoreLGL.ca and endorse the charter!
Triple P Cafés
- 2015 Positive Parenting Cafés and Registration Links
Infant Feeding Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Walk-In Counselling Clinic
Open Doors for Lanark Children and Youth is offering free counselling for youth under 18 years at the Health Unit’s Almonte site.
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
Immunization Week April 25-May 2, 2015: “Need a Boost? The Health Unit Can Help Update Your Immunizations”
Changes to immunization schedules and recommendations can make it confusing to know whether or not someone is fully immunized. The Leeds, Grenville and District Health Unit can help with some common concerns.
Health Unit Promotes the Importance of Skin-to-Skin with your Newborn Immediately After Birth
Your baby is born…Now what?
Where should your baby be in the first hour after birth?… skin-to-skin?
With the birth of your baby, their transition to life outside the womb begins. The best place for babies to learn about their new world is on the mother’s chest with skin contact.