April is Oral Health Month!
- Health Unit Aims to Help Improve Accessibility to Dental Programs
- NEW!! Healthy Smiles Ontario income limits have increased again as of July 1, 2014!
Call the Health Unit to see if you qualify! 1-800-660-5853
Holiday Hours Easter Weekend
All offices and service sites will be closed April 3 to April 6, 2015
There will be no water bottle drop off Thursday, April 2 to Monday, April 6
Sexual Health Clinics in Perth and Brockville are closed Monday, April 6, 2015
Regular office hours resume on April 7, 2015
Rabies and Microchip Clinic
Saturday, May 30 at PJ's 2399 Parkdale Ave, in Brockville from 12pm to 4pm
- Rabies Information
- Advisory to individuals who attended the “Acquire the Fire” event held in Toronto at Queensway Cathedral on February 6 and 7, 2015.
- Measles - Public Health Agency of Canada
- Measles: Make Sure Your Child is Protected with MMR Vaccine
Outbreak Status Report
- April 1, 2015 Outbreak Status Report
New Location for Sexual Health Clinic in Carleton Place
- Media Release - January 20, 2015
2015 FREE Food Handler Training Courses
FREE Food Handler Training Courses
- Viral Hemorrhagic Fever (VHF) - Ebola - PHO
- Emergency Planning for Ebola (MOHLTC Directives, Updates, & Statements)
- Phone Line for Health Care Workers Travelling from Affected Areas
Rethink Your Drinking
- Health Unit Encourages You to Rethink Your Drinking
- Rethink Your Drinking: Know the Standard Drink Sizes
- Standard Drink Sizes Infographic
Canada’s Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines
- Mocktails Recipes
What You Need to Know About Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68)
- Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) Factsheet
Making the Healthy Food Choice, the Easy Choice
Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Food Choice at Play and at School
More information on making the healthy food choice the easy choice
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
Change in Tick Submissions to the
Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
- Media Release - June 19, 2014
- More information about Lyme Disease
NEW Online Prenatal Class!
- Anyone can support a healthy pregnancy – learn how!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Food Charter Survey for United Counties of Leeds and Grenville and Lanark County
- Go to foodcoreLGL.ca and endorse the charter!
Triple P Cafés
- 2015 Positive Parenting Cafés and Registration Links
Infant Feeding Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Walk-In Counselling Clinic
Open Doors for Lanark Children and Youth is offering free counselling for youth under 18 years at the Health Unit’s Almonte site.
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
Health Unit Aims to Help Improve Accessibility to Dental Programs
April is Oral Health Month. The focus of the 2015 campaign at the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit is to increase public awareness of the importance of oral health, and to improve accessibility to dental programs and services.
World TB Day 2015: "Reach the 3 Million: Reach, Treat & Cure Everyone"
TB (tuberculosis) is one of the world’s top health challenges. There are 9 million new cases of TB each year. Three million of these people do not get the care they need and 1.5 million die each year. TB is a curable disease that kills 3 people every minute.