Labour Day Health Unit Office and Service Site Closures
- Office and service sites will be closed Monday, September 7, 2015 and the following services will not be available: Sexual Health Clinics in Brockville and Perth, Breastfeeding Clinic in Brockville, and Baby Talk in Smiths Falls.
- Well water testing samples will not be accepted Friday, September 4th and Monday, September 7th. 2015.
Office and service sites will reopen on Tuesday, September 8th, 2015.
Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Beach Testing Results
- Beach Water Quality Media Release
- Beach Testing Results for Sept 4, 2015
- Follow @LGLbeaches on Twitter or like us on Facebook!
Changes in Publicly-Funded Tubersol and TB Skin Testing
- Changes in Publicly-Funded Tubersol and TB Skin Testing Communique
2015 Rabies Vaccination Clinics (September 9th & 16th, 2015)
- Dogs and Cats Must Be Vaccinated (Lanark Verterinary Services Clinic Cancelled)
- Health Unit Raises Awareness About Bats and Rabies
Health Unit Seeking Board of Health Representatives from Leeds and Grenville Thousand Islands Area
- Responsibilities and Board Information
- Application Form
FREE Triple P, Birth - 12 Years Seminar
- Learn about the power of positive parenting and how to raise resilient, confident and competent children.
Register Online through Eventbrite.
Blue-Green Algae Bloom
- Health Unit Promotes Blue-Green Algae Awareness
- Upper Rideau Lake Blue-Green Algae Bloom at Scott Lane - July 30, 2015
- Upper Beverly Lake Blue-Green Algae Bloom Toxin Detected - July 14, 2015
- Blue-Green Algae Information
Outbreak Status Report
- September 1, 2015 Outbreak Status Report
Dental Baby Facecloth Package Survey
- Thank you to all who participated in our Baby Facecloth survey. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!
Every Kid in Our Communities of Leeds & Grenville Surveys
Transportation Needs Survey
Triple P Awareness and Accessibility Survey
Rethink Your Drinking
- When it Comes to Alcohol… Time Matters
REMINDER: The Health Unit No Longer Accepts Ticks
- Information on Tick Submission Changes
- Information about Ticks and Lyme Disease
Making the Healthy Food Choice, the Easy Choice
Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Food Choice at Play and at School
More information on making the healthy food choice the easy choice
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
NEW Online Prenatal Class!
- Anyone can support a healthy pregnancy – learn how!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Food Charter Survey for United Counties of Leeds and Grenville and Lanark County
- Go to foodcoreLGL.ca and endorse the charter!
Infant Feeding Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Walk-In Counselling Clinic
Open Doors for Lanark Children and Youth is offering free counselling for youth under 18 years at the Health Unit’s Almonte site.
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
Rabies Vaccination Clinics
Together with partner veterinarians and municipalities, the Health Unit is offering the community Rabies Vaccination Clinics throughout the Leeds, Grenville and Lanark Counties. The Rabies Vaccination Clinics will be held on Sept 9th and 16th. To find out locations where clinics will be held, call 1-800-660-5853 or visit the Health Unit website at www.healthunit.org. The clinic previously held at Lanark Veterinary Services will not be available this year. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Health Unit Lifts Heat Alert
The Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit has lifted the Heat Alert for the tri-county area effective tomorrow as the temperatures are becoming seasonal. The Health Unit will continue to monitor weather conditions.