2014 Influenza Clinics
- Influenza Clinics - By Location
- Influenza Clinics - Local Participating Pharmacies
- Viral Hemorrhagic Fever (VHF) - Ebola - PHO
- Emergency Planning for Ebola (MOHLTC Directives, Updates, & Statements)
Rethink Your Drinking
- Health Unit Encourages You to Rethink Your Drinking
Canada’s Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines
- Mocktails Recipes
What You Need to Know About Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68)
- Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68) Factsheet
Making the Healthy Food Choice, the Easy Choice
Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Food Choice at Play and at School
More information on making the healthy food choice the easy choice
FREE Triple P, Birth - 12 Years Seminars are coming to Athens!
- Athens - Tuesday, October 21st Registration
Now on Twitter @AreYouSafeLGL
- @AreYouSafeLGL - Your Healthy Sexuality Source - Media Release
- Follow @AreYouSafeLGL
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
Healthy Smiles Ontario
- NEW!! Healthy Smiles Ontario income limits have increased again as of July 1, 2014!
Call the Health Unit to see if you qualify! 1-800-660-5853
Change in Tick Submissions to the
Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit
- Media Release - June 19, 2014
- More information about Lyme Disease
NEW Online Prenatal Class!
- Anyone can support a healthy pregnancy – learn how!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Food Charter Survey for United Counties of Leeds and Grenville and Lanark County
- Go to foodcoreLGL.ca and endorse the charter!
Food Handler Certification Course - All Courses Are Now Full
- Health Unit Food Safety Initiative Offers Free Safe Food Handling Training
- Registration for Classroom Style Food Handler Training Course
Triple P Café Nights
- 2014 Positive Parenting Café Nights and Registration Links
Infant Feeding Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Walk-In Counselling Clinic
Open Doors for Lanark Children and Youth is offering free counselling for youth under 18 years at the Health Unit’s Almonte site.
The Health Unit is on FACEBOOK!
- Connect to our page and "like" us for regular updates on important health topics
- Not on Facebook? Click here to join.
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Health Unit Encourages Well Water Testing
- Water Bottle Pick Up and Delivery Locations
- More information on Well Water Testing
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
Flu Season is Fast Approaching
Influenza is a preventable illness that can be very dangerous to some individuals. Because influenza is extremely contagious and is capable of spreading rapidly from person to person, it is important for individuals to follow these steps to protect themselves as well as others in the community: Get a flu shot, wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, keep frequently touched hard surfaces clean and disinfected, cover your cough, and stay home when you are sick.
Health Unit Encourages You to Rethink Your Drinking
For the first time ever, Canada has one national set of low-risk alcohol drinking guidelines.
These guidelines, intended for Canadians of legal drinking age who choose to drink alcohol, aim
to provide consistent information across the country to help Canadians moderate their alcohol
consumption and make informed choices. The new guidelines outline standard drink sizes,
limits for men and women, discuss when the limit is zero, and provide healthy alternatives and
tips to decrease health risks.