Beach Testing Results Officially Begin June 30, 2016
- List of Public Beaches in Leeds, Grenville and Lanark
- Media Release: Beach Water Quality
Fentanyl Community Response
- How we can talk to our kids and what recreational users should know
2016 International Year of Pulses
- Media Release: 2016 International Year of Pulses
- These gluten-free ancient edible beans are high in taste, protein and fibre and low in cost, fat, and sodium. Go to Pulse Canada for recipes, nutrition information, history, education resources and more.
Zika Virus Information - Updated April 26, 2016
- Chief Public Health Officer of Canada and Ontario's Chief Medical Officer of Health report the first positive case of sexually transmitted Zika Virus
- Learn more about the Zika Virus and Public Health Agency of Canada's Travel Advisory
Healthy Smiles Ontario Program
(6 Provincial Dental Programs Amalgamated Into 1)
- Information about the New Program for the New and Past Clients
- Application Form for Eligible Clients – Print or Complete Online
- Information About the New Program for Health Professionals
- Fee Guide for Dental Providers
Talking to Youth about Drugs
Tips on talking to young people about drugs including marijuana and prescription drugs
Tips on helping to prevent youth from taking drugs
Proud Partner of The Healthy Kids Community Challenge Leeds and Grenville
HKCC Leeds and Grenville Promotes Run. Jump. Play. Every Day.
- Like The Healthy Kids Community Challenge Leeds and Grenville on Facebook!
Thinking of Quitting Smoking?
- Find Out All the Ways You Can Quit
Outbreak Status Report
- June 20, 2016 Outbreak Status Report
Every Kid in Our Communities of Leeds & Grenville Surveys
Triple P Awareness and Accessibility Survey
REMINDER: The Health Unit No Longer Accepts Ticks
- Information on Tick Submission Changes
- Information about Ticks and Lyme Disease
Making the Healthy Food Choice, the Easy Choice
Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Food Choice at Play and at School
More information on making the healthy food choice the easy choice
P.A.L.S. - Playground Activity Leaders in Schools
This program encourages all children to participate in activities at recess regardless of their gender, size or ability.
- Join our P.A.L.S. Facebook page!
The New Skin Cancer Prevention Act Now In Force
- Find out more information in our Sun Safety section
- Skin Cancer Prevention Act
The Health Unit is a Proud Partner of foodcoreLGL
Lanark, Leeds and Grenville Food Charter: Community Survey Results
- Go to foodcoreLGL.ca and endorse the charter!
Infant Feeding Survey
- Baby-Friendly Initiative Information
Up to Date Food Recalls
- Food Recall Alerts - High-Risk
Telephone Survey of Residents
- If you have been called by the Institute for Social Research, click here for more information.
Recent Press Release
Information about Bootleg Fentanyl from the Health Unit
Bootleg Fentanyl is a highly toxic and dangerous opioid drug that has been discovered in several areas across Leeds, Grenville and Lanark. Bootleg Fentanyl is being sold in our area in both pure powder as well as pressed pills. Bootleg Fentanyl that is pressed into pills is known to be sold as both Oxycontin and Heroin and may also go by the street names of Faded 80’s, Fake Oxy’s, K22’s etc. The Bootleg Fentanyl powder has been detected in the cocaine supply in the area. Cocaine that is cut with powdered Fentanyl is of particular concern as the majority of people will be consuming this drug unknowingly which places them at a much higher risk of overdosing.
Health Unit Lifts Heat Alert
The Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit has lifted the Heat Alert for the tri-county area effective today as the temperatures have become seasonal. The Health Unit will continue to monitor weather conditions.