|Dental Services / Oral Health
- Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO)
Beginning January 1, 2016, the Healthy Smiles Ontario program has changed. Families can now apply directly through the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care website. Application packages are also available through Service Ontario, as well as the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit.
What is Healthy Smiles Ontario?
A no-cost preventive dental program for eligible children to visit a licensed dental provider for:
- And more
See the factsheet for more details.
Who is eligible?
- NEW!! Emergency and Essential treatment has been added to the HSO basket of services. Eligibility is determined either by a dental professional at your local dental office, or at your local Public Health Unit. Call for more details!
- Income limits have increased as of April 1, 2014! Please refer to income limits chart.
- Children 17 years and under who do not have access to any form of dental coverage
- Resident of Ontario
- Member of a household with an Adjusted Family Net Income meets the ‘low-income’ requirement. Click here to see the income limits chart.
How to Apply to Healthy Smiles Ontario
Families can now apply directly online!
If you have further questions, please call the Service Ontario INFO line
(1-866-532-3161) or our HEALTH ACTION LINE 1-844-296-6306 and ask to speak to a member of the dental team. You can also send your questions to email@example.com