Beginning January 1, 2016, the Healthy Smiles Ontario program has changed. Families can now apply directly through the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care website. Application packages are also available through Service Ontario, as well as the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit.
Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) – No Cost Dental Program
Consists of 3 programs for eligible children 17 years of age and younger. Let our Oral Health Team help you determine if one of these programs will work for you!
- HSO Emergency Program – Client has an urgent dental need, such as pain, infection or large visible decay and the cost of dental treatment would create a financial hardship.
For more information to find out if you qualify, please contact a member of the Oral Health Team at Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit 1-800-660-5853 or visit www.ontario.ca/healthysmiles
- HSO Basic Program (Core) – To qualify a family must meet an income level based on the number of children age 17 and younger in the family. To review income level chart see www.ontario.ca/healthysmiles
- Preventive Services Program (PSO) – Child has a preventive dental need and the cost would create a financial hardship. Preventive treatment must be provided by Health Unit dental staff.
For more information on how to apply for the Basic or Preventive Services Program, contact a member of the Oral Health Team at Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit 1-800-660-5853 or visit www.ontario.ca/healthysmiles
NOTE: Families with access to other dental insurance may still be eligible to apply.
What is Healthy Smiles Ontario?
A no-cost preventive dental program for eligible children to visit a licensed dental provider for:
- And more
See the factsheet for more details.
Who is eligible?
- NEW!! Emergency and Essential treatment has been added to the HSO basket of services. Eligibility is determined either by a dental professional at your local dental office, or at your local Public Health Unit. Call for more details!
- Income limits have increased as of April 1, 2014! Please refer to income limits chart.
- Children 17 years and under who do not have access to any form of dental coverage
- Resident of Ontario
- Member of a household with an Adjusted Family Net Income meets the ‘low-income’ requirement. Click here to see the income limits chart.
How to Apply to Healthy Smiles Ontario
Families can now apply directly online!
Questions / Provincial Support
If you have further questions please call the Service Ontario INFO line at 1-844-296-6306 or visit ontario.ca/healthysmiles
If you live in Leeds, Grenville or Lanark County please contact LGL Health Unit at 1-800-660-5853 and ask to speak to a member of the dental team. You can also send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org