Beginning January 1, 2016, the Healthy Smiles Ontario program has changed. Families can now apply directly through the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care website. Application packages are also available through Service Ontario, as well as the Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Unit.
Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) – No Cost Dental Program
Consists of 3 programs for eligible children 17 years of age and younger. Let our Oral Health Team help you determine if one of these programs will work for you!
- HSO Emergency Program – Client has an urgent dental need, such as pain, infection or large visible decay and the cost of dental treatment would create a financial hardship.
For more information to find out if you qualify, please contact a member of the Oral Health Team at Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit 1-800-660-5853 or visit www.ontario.ca/healthysmiles
- HSO Basic Program (Core) – To qualify a family must meet an income level based on the number of children age 17 and younger in the family. To review income level chart see www.ontario.ca/healthysmiles
- Preventive Services Program (PSO) – Child has a preventive dental need and the cost would create a financial hardship. Preventive treatment must be provided by Health Unit dental staff.
For more information on how to apply for the Basic or Preventive Services Program, contact a member of the Oral Health Team at Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District Health Unit 1-800-660-5853 or visit www.ontario.ca/healthysmiles
NOTE: Families with access to other dental insurance may still be eligible to apply.
What is Healthy Smiles Ontario?
A no-cost preventive dental program for eligible children to visit a licensed dental provider for:
- And more
See the factsheet for more details.
Who is eligible?
- NEW!! Emergency and Essential treatment has been added to the HSO basket of services. Eligibility is determined either by a dental professional at your local dental office, or at your local Public Health Unit. Call for more details!
- Income limits have increased as of April 1, 2014! Please refer to income limits chart.
- Children 17 years and under who do not have access to any form of dental coverage
- Resident of Ontario
- Member of a household with an Adjusted Family Net Income meets the ‘low-income’ requirement. Click here to see the income limits chart.
How to Apply to Healthy Smiles Ontario
Families can now apply directly online!
If you have further questions, please call the Service Ontario INFO line
(1-844-296-6306) or our HEALTH ACTION LINE 1-800-660-5853 and ask to speak to a member of the dental team. You can also send your questions to email@example.com