Dental Services / Oral Health
- Smart Snacking for Teeth and Gums
If you choose a snack that may not be best for your teeth, try to brush afterward. Eating sweets with a meal helps reduce acids because of the increase in saliva flow.
- Vitamins and minerals are important to the health of your gums and teeth as well as the developing (growing) teeth of your unborn baby.
- During pregnancy, you may need to eat more in between meal snacks, especially if you are having morning sickness.
- If you feel nauseous, try eating small snacks that are low in sugar and "SAFE" for your teeth.
- Tooth decay starts with acid produced by bacteria. The sugar and starches that we eat "feed" the bacteria.
Candy and gum with sugar
Sticky sugary foods
Nuts and seeds