- Registered Dietitian Services
Why Consult a Registered Dietitian?
Registered Dietitians provide credible nutrition information and can support you to make healthy choices to promote health and prevent chronic disease. All Registered Dietitians must be registered with a regulatory body, and in Ontario, that’s the College of Dietitians of Ontario. The College is there to protect the public.
Registered Dietitians at the Health Unit are resources for the public, health professionals and community partners. They work with schools, workplaces, community organizations, parent groups, health professionals and families to help make healthy eating possible for residents of the tri-county.
The Health Unit Registered Dietitians can:
- Work with organizations to help develop healthy eating guidelines
- Develop nutrition education resources on various topics
- Provide free nutrition resources, mailed directly to your home or workplace
- Deliver presentations to various groups (Presentations delivered based on Dietitian availability and presentation criteria)
- Provide in-service education for healthcare professionals and community partners on current nutrition issues
Look for our Registered Dietitians:
- At community events and forums
- At community groups, including Good Food for a Healthy Baby and Baby Talk
- On social media, the radio and television, and in the newspaper
- On a variety of community coalitions
Want to get in touch with our Registered Dietitian?
Check out the Health Unit’s website for healthy eating information.
Here are other options to help meet your and your family’s nutrition needs:
- If you live in Ontario and have general healthy eating questions please call EatRight Ontario's toll free line at 1-877-510-5102 and a Registered Dietitian will answer your questions at no cost to you. You can also visit EatRight Ontario's website for useful nutrition tips, tools and resources on healthy eating.
- If you wish to meet with a Registered Dietitian:
- For information on Food Programs in Leeds, Grenville and Lanark District:
- Inventory of Eating Disorder Treatment Services