- Workplace Nutrition
Nutrition At Work
Shift Work Nutrition
Sample Guidelines For Food Choices at Meetings
Food Choices for Meetings, Educational Sessions and Events
When offering food at meetings, there should be some healthy food options. The following list provides some examples of foods that are low in fat/sodium/sugar and high in fibre that are encouraged to be served at meetings.
- Fresh water
- 100% fruit juice
- Lower fat milk (2%, 1% or skim) for drinking or as a substitute for cream in coffee/tea
- whole grain breads, bagels, muffins, pitas, tortillas, rolls
- lower-fat muffins
- Lower-fat cheeses (20% or less)
- Lower-fat yogurt (2% or less)
- Pretzels, granola bars
- High-fibre crackers
- Variety of lower-fat sandwich fillings (tuna, salmon, lean roast beef, turkey, chicken, ham, pastrami, lower-fat cheese). Also include some sandwiches with vegetarian fillings (eg. Lower-fat cheese, grilled veggies, hummus).
- Offer light mayonnaise, butter or margarine, and lower fat salad dressings on the side.
- Offer lower-fat spreads (eg. hummus, light cream cheese, jam)
- Fruit (offer fresh Ontario produce when feasible)
- Vegetables (offer fresh Ontario produce when feasible)
- Lower-fat dips, made with plain yogurt or light sour cream
- Whole grain high fibre cookies (e.g.oatmeal)
Note: A vegetarian option should always be made available.