Protect Your Family
- Dogs & Cats Must Be Vaccinated
The Health Unit will be providing low cost rabies clinics in September 2017.
- Dogs & Cats can be vaccinated at any of the clinic locations listed.
- Dogs & Cats must be on a leash or in a carrier.
- FEE: $20.00 (HST included) PER ANIMAL
- CASH ONLY
- TWO DAYS
- Wednesday, September 13, 2017
- 2:00 - 6:00 pm
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017
- 2:00 - 6:00 pm
- Almonte Veterinary Services, 10 Industrial Drive, ALMONTE
- Blueberry Creek Veterinary Hospital, 31 Lanark Road (Hwy 511), PERTH
- Campbell Road Veterinary Services, 329 William Campbell Road, SMITHS FALLS
- Carleton Place Veterinary Hospital, 120 Coleman Street, CARLETON PLACE
- Lanark Veterinary Clinic, 88 D Cornelia Street West, SMITHS FALLS
- Mississippi Mills Animal Hospital, 451 Ottawa Street, Unit C, ALMONTE
- Mississippi Veterinary Services, 2809 Highway 29 South, PAKENHAM
- North Lanark Veterinary Services, 1095 Sheridan Rapids Road, LANARK
- Perth Veterinary Clinic, 118 Sunset Blvd., PERTH
- Smiths Falls Veterinary Services, 250 Lombard Street, SMITHS FALLS - new address!
- Valley Veterinary Clinic, 339 Townline Road East, CARLETON PLACE
Leeds and Grenville Counties
- Athens Municipal Works Garage, 44 Elgin Street North, ATHENS
- Gord Watts Municipal Centre, 251 North Augusta Road, BROCKVILLE
- Gananoque Public Works Department, 665 Charles Street North, GANANOQUE
- Merrickville Fire Hall, 317 Brock Street West, MERRICKVILLE
- North Grenville Fire Station 1, 259 County Road 44, KEMPTVILLE
- Prescott Works Garage, 950 Sophia Street North, PRESCOTT
One Day Only
September 13, 2017, 2:00 - 6:00 p.m.
- Elizabethtown-Kitley - Public Works Garage, 7509 New Dublin Road, ELIZABETHTOWN-KITLEY
- Rideau Lakes Municipal Office, 1439 County Road 8, CHANTRY, RIDEAU LAKES TOWNSHIP
- Westport Fire Hall, 33 Spring Street, WESTPORT
September 20, 2017, 2:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Elgin Fire Hall, 32 Halladay Street, ELGIN, RIDEAU LAKES TOWNSHIP
September 20, 2017, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Augusta Township Public Works Garage, 5328 Algonquin Road, AUGUSTA TOWNSHIP
For more information contact us at: 613-345-5685 or 1-800-660-5853
The goal of hosting these clinics is to help provide rabies vaccinations to as many cats and dogs as possible. Prompting this change in date is the celebration of World Rabies Day in September (September 28, 2017).
In addition, at this time of the year hunters are preparing for the hunting season and it is important that their dogs be vaccinated against rabies. While running in the bush, hunting dogs have the potential of interacting with wild life that may have rabies.
It is important that pet cats or dogs remain up-to-date with their rabies vaccination as they too could be at risk of getting rabies. By increasing the vaccination coverage in pets we will help to minimize the potential transmission of rabies to humans.
Rabies is a deadly disease that can be prevented. Did you know that a person dies from Rabies every 10 minutes throughout the world? Help prevent the spread of rabies by vaccinating your pet dog or cat.
See you in September!