|Reports & Newsletters
Workplace Newsletter Archive
Please note that 'Health Briefs' has changed to 'Smart Living'. Smart Living was developed in response to the evaluation and recommendations from four focus groups of our previous workplace newsletter, Health Briefs.
If you would like to receive our Smart Living Healthy Workplace Newsletter electronically, please contact Paula Davio: firstname.lastname@example.org
Limited Smart Living hard copies are available upon request, contact Lynda Earl at
1-613-345-5685 ext. 2215 or email: email@example.com
- Smart Living - Vol 8 - No 2 - October 2016
- Healthy Workplace Month
- Over the Counter Naloxone
- When it comes to Alcohol… Zero Matters
- Breaking Down the Stigma
- Make the Healthy Food Choice the Easy Choice
- Think of Healthy Food Donations
- Workplace Weight Bias
- Smart Living - Vol 8 - No 1 - May 2016
- The Biggest Risk is Keeping Kids Indoors
- Starting May 2, 2016, Brockville and Smiths Falls Offices of the Health Unit will be Closed from 12-1pm Daily
- Quench Your Thirst with Healthy Drinks
- Preconception Health
- Why a Diverse Workplace Matters
- Lyme Disease Awareness: Know the Bug, Know the Bite, Know what to do
- Changes to the Healthy Smiles Ontario Program - Something to Smile About
- Smart Living - Vol 7 - No 2 - October 2015
- Canada's Healthy Workplace Month
- Eat Well at Work - Workplace Toolkit
- The Benefits of Cleaning Your Hands
- Don't Guess, Get a Test!
- Fentanyl, the New Oxycontin
- Addressing Substance Misuse in the Workplace
- New Breastfeeding Clinic!
- Think of Healthy Food Donations
- Smart Living - Vol 7 - No 1 - June 2015
- Rethink Your Drinking
- When It Comes to Alcohol…Time Matters
- Time Matters Tips
- Stay Safe on the Job
- Impaired Driving
- Canada’s Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines
- It’s Time to Act – Seek Help For Your Drinking Today
- Introducing the Substance Misuse Workplace Toolkit
- Smart Living - Vol 6 - No 2 - November 2014
Canada’s Healthy Workplaces Month
- Nutrition News: What to Believe?
- Second Hand Smoke in the Workplace
- Finding Your Work Life Balance
- The Meaning of Dental Screening
- What’s New From Our Sexual Health Program
- Are Your Living with Dangerous Levels of Radon?
- Get the Flu Vaccine
- Smart Living - Vol 6 - No 1 - May 2014 - The Issue of Time
- The Challenge of Being a Working Parent
- Sexual Health Clinics Are Not Just for Teens
- Time to Visit the Dentist?
- Having a Baby?
- Physical Activity Kit – For those who don’t have time
- Down Time: Enjoying an Alcoholic Beverage after Work
- Meet the Time Challenge: Set yourself up for successful eating
- Treat Yourself to a Goodnight’s Sleep
- Do you want to know what youth are concerned about in your community?
- Smart Living - Vol 5 - No 2 - November 2013
- Make the Healthy Choice the Easy Choice
- 10 Stress Busters that Work
- Enjoy Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month Activities Year-Long
- Childhood Immunizations
- Tips for Keeping Warm in an Unheated Home During a Power Outage
- Are Your Children Walking or Cycling to School?
- Take the Workplace Mental Health Quiz
- Visiting During an Illness Outbreak
- Promoting Health Together
- A Hangover is the Least of Your Worries
- Smart Living - Vol 5 - No 1 - May 2013
- Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace
- West Nile Virus
- Community Gardens:
- Update on Neighbourhood Tomato in Mississippi Mills!
- Update on Butler Creek Community Garden in Brockville!
- Recipe for locally grown produced ingredients: Spelt Apple Crisp
- Being Active Outside is the Best Medicine!
- Bike to Work Week is almost here! June 2-9, 2013!!
- Safe Barbecuing
- Emergency Preparedness & Seniors
- Making Oral Health a Family Affair!
- Alcohol-Free Pregnancy
- Smart Living - Vol 4 - No 2 - Nov 2012
- Psychological Health and Safety: An Action Guide for Employers
- Be a part of something great! Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month
- Oral Health Tips: An ounce of prevention keeps the drill away!
- Have a safe and Healthy Pregnancy at Work!
- When thinking about your own alcohol use, do you know your limits?
- Return to Work after Baby
- How to Build a Healthy Brain
- Food Safety for the Holiday- Proper turkey preparation and cooking
- Nutrition and Shift Work
- Who else is using your prescription?
- Smart Living - Vol 4 - No 1 - May 2012
- Coping Well with Workplace Change – Part 1
- Make your Workplace Bicycle Friendly
- Pre-test: Are You Ready for Fatherhood?
- Thinking of Getting Pregnant? Here is the Best Advice from Best Start
- The Transition from “Me” to “We”
- A Healthy Pregnancy at Work and Home
- Coping Well with Workplace Change - Part 2
- Hidden Dangers of Spring Cleaning: Protect Yourself and Your Family
- Cycling Tips for Success
- Smart Living - Vol 3 - No 2 - November 2011
- The Health Unit Celebrates Canada’s Healthy Workplace Month
- Resiliency Works at Work
- Greenfield Ethanol Johnstown
- Healthy Workplaces Pilot Projects Report Successes
- Carleton Place and District Memorial Hospital
- Access our New Healthy Workplace Toolkits
- Did you know about …Lumps & Bumps for Men?
- New & Expanded Immunization Schedule
- Smart Living - Vol 3 - No 1 - May 2011
Working Long Hours is Risky Business for Your Heart
- Get out those Bicycles, pump up the wheels, and take the family cycling
- Eat Local and Grow Your Own
- Be Healthy Before Pregnancy
- Emergency Preparedness
- Creating Mentally Healthy Workplaces
- Did you know…Sexually Transmitted Infections are Not Just for Kids?
- Be Active: Develop a Family Physical Activity Plan
- Post Pandemic - What does This Mean for Workplaces?