- Public Health Nurses School Health Team
For general inquiries please
or Phone 1-800-660-5853
School Health Coordinator
(School Board Contact for Leeds, Grenville Lanark)
Public Health Nurses - School Health Team
Leeds, Grenville & Lanark District Health Liaisons: (left to right)
Kelly Munroe, Julie Ingleby, Danielle Shewfelt, Nicole Tobias, and Diana Steadman (absent Kayla Schutt).
Your Public Health Nurse can assist schools to identify health concerns, and work with schools and their communities to build healthy school environments.
A Public Health Nurse can assist schools by:
- Navigating the Health Unit and linking schools to appropriate resources
- Providing curriculum resources and consultation on the new Health and Physical Education Curriculum
- In-servicing principals / teachers / parents/school councils
- Fostering student engagement / student leadership
- Supporting schools in developing healthy school polices/guidelines
- Providing support for Healthy School Committees
Foundations for a Healthy School is the framework we use to guide the Healthy Schools process.