|School - Healthy Schools
A “Healthy School” promotes the physical, mental, social and spiritual health of the whole school community and constantly strengthens its capacity as a healthy setting for living, learning and working.
Why Invest in A Healthy School?
- Improved student performance/health
- Safe and respectful school environment
- Physically active school population
- Fewer missed days
- Closer ties between staff, students and school community
- Improved morale/school image
- Parental and community commitment
- Lower drop-out rate
The Ministry of Education and Ministry of Health Promotion created the “Foundations for a Healthy School” framework to guide the “Healthy School” process. This framework encourages all stakeholders to ensure that students have high-quality instruction and programs, a healthy physical environment, a supportive social environment and access to health and other needed resources and services through community partnerships.