For general inquiries please
or Phone 1-800-660-5853
School Health Coordinator
(School Board Contact for Leeds, Grenville Lanark)
Public Health Nurses - School Health Team
The Health Unit’s school team consists of Public Health Nurses (PHN), Registered Dietitian, Health Promoter, Registered Dental Hygienists and Certified Dental Assistants. Each school has an assigned PHN who works in the school’s geographic area. The School PHN is a health knowledge broker, capacity builder, facilitator, and advocate for health, in the school community.
The School PHN can assist school communities to identify strengths and health concerns in order to build healthier school environments. More specifically, the School PHN can assist schools by:
- Navigating the Health Unit's resources and services
- Providing consultation & resources (e.g., curriculum, healthy school environments)
- In-servicing principals, teachers, parents, and community partners on a variety of health related topics & programs
- Normalizing parenting support
- Fostering student engagement & leadership
- Supporting existing and emerging healthy school committees, policies & practices
- Connecting the school community to services & programs offered by partners in the greater community
The School PHN can also facilitate consultations with the Registered Dietitian, Health Promoter, Registered Dental Hygienists, Certified Dental Assistants, and other Public Health professionals.