This toolkit has been created to help support workplaces address physical activity using a comprehensive health
promotion approach. The kit includes information for both employers and employees and highlights background information, resources, and promotional items. Click on the
Physical Activity Toolkit to download this toolkit in its entirety, or to download individual resources click the links below.
Individual Resources: To download inidividual resources from the Physical Activity Toolkit click the links below.
Executive Summary: Outlines the key elements of Comprehensive Workplace Health Promotion (CWHP). For more detailed information on CWHP, please see The Healthy Workplace Guide.
Business Case: Outlines the business advantages of creating a work environment that supports employees being active and explores options for workplaces who are seeking a healthier workforce.
Programs and Supportive Environments: Links to resources that discuss the health impact of physical inactivity and strategies for creating supportive environments, so that employees can adopt healthy active living at work.
- Steps To Creating A Healthy Workplace Policy: A quick step-by-step reference document outlining the various stages of policy development that can be used to assist workplaces in developing healthy workplace policies.
- Policy Resources: Links to guidance documents that support the implementation of physical activity policies in the workplace.
- Policy Samples: Provides examples of how to incorporate flexible working hours, facility subsidy programming and alternate transportation into the work environment.
- Links for More Information:
Links to various resources that explore Physical Activity in the workplace. Also provides links to more information about Comprehensive Workplace Health.
- To Let Your Body Work For You: Display these posters in high traffic areas to increase awareness about the benefits of leading an active healthy lifestyle.
- Physical Activity (Information Card): A quick reference card providing employees with tips on how to incorporate physical activity into their workday.
- Start a Walking Club in Your Workplace (Information Card): A quick reference card providing employees with tips on how to start a walking group in the workplace.
- Canadian Physical Activity Guidelines (for adults 18 – 64 years) Easy to understand guidelines to help Canadians achieve the daily physical activity required to live a healthy active life.
- Go The Extra Mile! A guide to designing your own walking program. Components include the benefits of walking, how to use a pedometer, stretching exercises and a walking log to chart progress.
- Smart Moves: A poster for older adults highlighting exercises to improve strength, balance and flexibility to prevent falls.
- Powerpoint Presentations: Provide information about the impact of physical inactivity on employee health, strategies to improve health and wellness, and the benefits to employers who invest in employee health. To access these presentations, please contact the Health Unit at 1-800-660-5853 to speak to a Public Health Nurse on the Workplace Team.
Copyright Consent Form
Feel free to use these Toolkit Resources as they are provided. If you would like to adapt any of the Toolkit Resources, please complete our online Copyright Consent Form.
To Contact the Health Promotion Workplace Team
Call - 1-800-660-5853 or
E-mail - email@example.com